Thursday 8 January 2015

Beautiful Afternoon Light at the Feeding Station.

I had planned to go to my winter feeding station at Lindsey Tree Services Woodyard this morning in order to check on the feeders and do some photography.  As it was dull, however, I opted to stack our new load of firewood and then packed myself up with some lunch and then went down for a couple of hours this afternoon.  The grey skies cleared to leave beautifully golden winter light - fabulous.  All the usual suspects were visiting frequently and the woodpecker came down three or four times but didn't stay to feed.  The most amusing occurrence was the sight of a moorhen trotting through and then back again; not something I expect to see at the feeding station.  It was noticeable that the hazel catkins or lambs tails are now lengthening and beginning to open up, suggesting that Spring is not far away, although I have no doubt that we have plenty of winter weather to come yet.

To view large, please click on an image.

Blackbird, female
Blue tit
Chaffinch, male
Great Tit
Greenfinch
Greenfinch
Greenfinch
Greenfinch
Log Tailed Tit
Log Tailed Tit
Moorhen
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment