Sunday 24 July 2016

Munro Bagging in the Mamores. Day 1

We had a good journey up to Scotland today, although the weather increasingly deteriorated as we travelled North.  Our final stop before we met up with my brother and his wife was just down the Glen Etive Road for some classic shots of Buachaille Etive Mor - The big shepherd.  By now the cloud was down and there was some drizzle in the air.  Undaunted I persevered and as well as midges had soon found the regular tripod marks where I unashamedly planted my own.  Normally I try to shy away from 'honey pot' locations and find my own, but this is such a classic I couldn't resist.  Job done and poor shots captured we headed down Glen Coe to the shores of Loch Leven where Peter and Linda had booked our static caravan for the week.  What a superb location with views along the loch toward Ballachulish Bridge in one direction, towards The Mamores in another and up Glen Coe to Bidean Nam Bean in a third.  Hopefully we were in for an excellent week.







No comments:

Post a Comment