Saturday 28 January 2017

A Buzzard in the Wolds.

Buzzards are becoming more and more common these days as the effect of more relaxed game keeping regimes and the banning of organo-chlorides in agricultural chemicals kicks in.  It is an almost daily occurrence to see a buzzard wheeling in the air and listen to its wild mewing call and they can regularly be seen perched on hedges and roadside fence posts.  To stop the car to get a better look, however, is the signal for the bird to immediately fly off.  Although I have many shots of buzzards flying overhead, obtaining images of them perched up is nearly impossible with these wary birds.  So I was absolutely delighted to come across one over recent weeks that is much more tolerant.  I had seen the bird and stopped and watched it, both in the car and whist cycling on several occasions and so decided to try to photograph it, fully expecting it to fly off as usual.  To my surprise it tolerated both my presence and that of the camera, just for a short while. Since that first occasion I have seen it each time I am out and have photographed it on another couple of occasions.  

To view large, please click on an image










No comments:

Post a Comment