Monday 4 March 2019

First Hilly Walk Since Surgery

As the 'ladies' were having a get together to honour a visit by Elaine who lives in Malmo, Sweden the decision was to pick her up from the station and then meet up with another friend, Maureen, at Dorothy and Steve's in Irby on the edge of the Wolds.  The plan was a walk and then lunch before taking Elaine back to the station.  This was to be my first walk in anything like hilly terrain and, just like my first foray in the Wolds at Swallow on 15th February, as soon as I launched up the first hill my legs became tired and I was breathing hard.  More so in this case, though, as the hills were hills, rather than a slope.  This was a real reminder that I am still very much recovering from the heart surgery and need to take things slowly.  I am a long way from being Munro fit.
It was a surprise and delight to hear a green woodpecker 'yaffling' in the village as we walked back to the house.





No comments:

Post a Comment