Tuesday 28 May 2019

Scotland, Spring 2019. Day 4.

A rest day today.  A relaxed start to see the Munro bagging team depart.  A few regrets there.  Even last year I would have been with them - although there are lots of contours very close together so maybe having an easy day was the better option.
Heather and I pottered into Inveraray where I had a doctor's appointment for an INR test.  Fortunately it has gone up!!  Only a week to go now before cardioversion - fingers crossed.  Following this we explored the town and I enjoyed looking at and photographing The Vital Spark.  A semi derelict old Clyde Puffer, this old lady is awaiting restoration and was the inspiration for Neil Munro's novels based on its exploits: The Tales of Para Handy.  These books also formed the basis of both a 1960s and 1990s television series.  Munro was actually born in Inveraray.  Coffee and scone followed before our return to Stonshira House.

While the remainder of the party went off for an excursion I remained behind to play at being a bird photographer again.  I had a very pleasant time down on the loch side, now at low tide.  I was delighted with my shots of a heron dealing with a large fish and enjoyed watching goosanders, common sandpipers and oystercatchers.  Sand Martin's were skimming the water surface over the mouth of the small river that flows into the loch here.  I also managed to pick up a tick which I fortunately found before it bit and dug in; later in the week I discovered on that had bitten and dug in!!

At 5.45 I feel a preprandial beer coming on!!















2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an enjoyable and rewarding day Mick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an enjoyable and rewarding day Mick.

    ReplyDelete