Thursday 4 August 2022

Very Quiet on the Butterfly Front but a Welcome Visitor.

 Needing some exercise, late in the afternoon, I walked around the Woodland Burial Ground.  Things were very quiet on both the butterfly and bird fronts.  However, as I turned a corner of the perimeter path a large familiar form flew ahead of me with a tyical bounding flight: a superb green woodpecker.  Regretting not taking either binoculars or camera, I walked slowly and quietly up to where it had disappeared and was rewarded with two more close views before it flew off, it's laugh-like yaffle echoing round the site.

The few butterflies I did see included: Speckled Wood 2, Large White 1, Comma 1, Meadow Brown 1.

To view large, please click on an image. All from the archives.

Speckled Wood
Speckled Wood
Comma
Meadow Brown, male

No comments:

Post a Comment