Tuesday 15 November 2022

Lake District, November, Day 1

A busy morning taking Mia to the cattery, visiting the post office and the pharmact twice to obtain medication that we needed.  We were still on the road in reasonable time, however, stopping only for lunch at Doncaster services.  Most of the journey was in thick fog, especially the beginning of the A66.  It cleared suddenly as we dropped down on the other side of the Penines with some amazing views of sun slanting down through clearing fog in the Eden Valley.  We arrived at the site still in daylight and set to straight away to put the awning up.  Before pegging down the awning I connected up the electricity and, thought, the water.  Unfortunately I switched on the pump before connecting the water barrel.  On correcting this I discovered that it had drawn in a lot of air and the resultant air lock prevented the system working.  In frustration I switched it off and disconnected everything planning to leave it for tomorrow to try again.  Completing the awning, now in the dark, I retreated to the van, a pint and a welcome meal.  Calmed down with a pint, wine and a digestif, I retired to bed early with my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment