Tuesday 18 June 2013

Early Morning for Barn Owls.

Decided to get up at silly o'clock for a trip to Fulstow to look for the barn owls so I set the alarm for 4.30 and crept reluctantly out of bed and out of the house in order not to disturb anybody.  I might have been reluctant but what a wise move.  It was an absolutely stunning sunrise with the whole sky suffused with a red glow.  Sadly I was too late to be anywhere to catch in a photograph but what a wonderful morning.  This is definitely the best time of day.  As I drove towards Fulstow, I thought at one time that I was going to drive into fog but the coastal marsh was clear and only the Wolds clooaked in early fog.  As the sun rose above the clouds the light was stunning.  Sadly, despite the effort of dragging myself out of bed, the owls were not playing ball and didn't put in an appearance.  I did enjoy photographing jackdaws on the roof of the derelict farmhouse, though, and enjoyed watching whitethroats carrying food to their nest in the hedge bottom.  It was also a thrill to get good views and photographs of two roe deer.  Blackbirds were in good voice and a wren was singing from the roof top next to the jackdaws.
A wonderful morning and I was back for breakfast at 7.30.
Chimney Pot Jackdaw.

Early morning roe deer.

Track.

Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment