Saturday 31 August 2013

Sunsets and Sunrises.

Over the last few weeks we have been blessed with colourful and dramatic skies both at sunrise and sunset.  On Thursday I dashed out into the Wolds with Thomas after a rushed meal and just managed to catch the last of the sunset of the harvest fields.  Last night it was the turn of Cleethorpes to receive the attention of my camera.  Although Cleethorpes, itself was buzzing, I thought that the sunset was going to be a damp squib and took an image of a groyne looking away from the sun as I liked the sky.  Then I noticed some colour appearing and the clouds behind me lit up as the sun sank behind them.  What a sunset it turned out to be, made even better by sheets of rain high in the clouds glowing deep red in the light from the sun.  Amazing.  This morning I was up at 5.00 and down to Cleethorpes for 5.30 ready for the sunrise.  A much quieter affair this morning though but beautiful nonetheless.  It was certainly good to be out so early and I enjoyed the call of the curlew carrying from the tide line.  I was also impressed with the guy going for an early swim - at first I wondered if it might be the swim that needed no towel!!!

Images below: sunset in the Lincolnshire Wolds.






Last night's sunset at Cleethropes.

At first I thought the sunset would turn out to be a damp squib, but I liked this shot anyway.

Then this happened!

Magnificent clouds.

The setting sun catches swirling sheets of rain.


Surreal light on the rides.
This morning's sunrise at Cleethorpes.








No comments:

Post a Comment