Tuesday 1 April 2014

Displaying Grebes at the Country Park

I decided on another visit to the country par this afternoon, as the weather had brightened up somewhat and the sea fret burnt off.  I still wanted photographs of the water vole on the water cress so set off full of anticipation.  On my way there I was bowled over with the mix of colours provided by the bright greens of the hawthorn, brilliant yellows of the amazing displays of daffodils and pinks of the cherry blossom. Again, I didn't succeed with the voles but as I arrived I spotted one of the foxes that are resident on the island at the park.  It stood as bold as brass eyeing me confidently before turning and wandering off into the undergrowth.  Next up was a sparrowhawk sitting in a tree above the car park.  A bit far away for my 100-400 but I managed shots nonetheless.  Not only were the chiffchaffs singing again today, but I was successfully captured on on 'film'!  On the lake the grebes were in evidence and displayed well, although somewhat distant, and a coot was busily carrying nesting material.  As I returned to the car I came across a couple of unusually  confiding oystercatchers which allowed several minutes of excellent photography.  A wonderful couple of hours.

To view large, click on an image.
Chiffchaff
Fox
Fox
Great crested Grebe
Displaying Grebes
Displaying Grebes
Oystercatcher
Oystercatcher
Peacock.
Pussy Willow.
Sparrowhawk

No comments:

Post a Comment