Saturday 1 December 2018

The First Session at the Winter Feeding Station.

Last Monday afternoon I went out to Scallows for a first photography session at the winter feeding station.  I had sat in the hide briefly on one or two occasions but there had been virtually no activity.  However as the food has been going down I decided to have a go, although I suspect that the culprits are squirrels as much as birds.  To a certain extent I was right but there were still quite a lot of birds coming in: a stunning male woodpecker came twice and at least two nuthatches were backwards and forwards and a single wren came to forage under a log.  Tits were plentiful with coal tits the most numerous followed by great and blue tits.  A robin and some chaffinches were the other visitors.  A very pleasant first session.









No comments:

Post a Comment