Tuesday 12 January 2016

First Session at the Feeding Station.

Yesterday I had a phone call to say that a new hide that I had commissioned was ready so I picked it up and was keen to get it set up today at Scallows.  Apart from it being like wrestling an octopus all went well and so, despite the weather being a tad gloomy I decided to have a brief session with the camera.  I was optimistic as birds continued to use the feeders while I was putting up the hide, but I was delighted when the first bird down was a superb male greater spotted woodpecker.  Then is was a constant procession of blue, great and coal tits and at least two nuthatches.  The coat tits proved very difficult to get shots of though as they flew straight onto the feeder rather than use my perch.  I love the nuthatches though; they are superb birds.  There was also a robin about and a distant wren.  An excellent morning.

To view large, please click on an image.
The new hide
The new hide
Blue Tit
Blue Tit
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Great Tit
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Greater Spotted Woodpecker
Nuthatch
Nuthatch
Nuthatch

No comments:

Post a Comment