Monday 2 December 2019

First session with the seals.

I hadn't visited the Atlantic grey seal colony at Donna Nook for a few years so it was a delight to be back today.  Despite not getting there until 10.00 am, I was pleased to get into the main car park for free rather than pay £4.00 for the overflow car park.  It was a beautiful still and sunny day and ideal conditions  for photography.  My canon gear was already parceled up ready for part exchanging at Wex for Fuji gear and so I only had my Fuji XT2 body and a 55-200 lens but this was perfectly adequate and I relished  the lightness.  Recently a chronic bad back and the after effects of open heart surgery earlier this year meant that carrying the heavy canon 500 was becoming increasingly difficult.  I am looking forward to working with the much lighter Fuji system.  All in all this was an excellent day.
To view large please click on an image





















No comments:

Post a Comment