Sunday 3 November 2013

Snow Buntings at Cleethorpes.

Having seen some images of snow buntings during the last few days on Face Book, I decided to pay a visit to the dunes at Cleethorpes to try my luck.  It was a perfect day; bright and sunny with excellent light although somewhat windy.  Once I had parked up in the car park above the beach I could see some photographers already in place so things looked good.  After wading across the marsh and paddling over the mud I reached the dunes on The Whaleback where the others were stationed.  My luck was in and I managed to get pictures straight away.  After my first set I wandered down to the tide line to try for sanderling but here my luck was out, although I did find a cooperative oystercatcher. This morning there were about 6 snow buntings present.  The last time I had seen these birds was in June high on the Cairngorm plateau.
Oystercatcher
Oystercatcher
Snow Bunting.
Snow Bunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment