Tuesday 7 April 2020

A Pleasant Walk Around the Cemetery.

I enjoyed a very pleasant walk around the cemetery and woodland burial ground this afternoon.  It was a day of mixed sun and clouds and when the sun was out it was very pleasant with excellent light.  The cemetery is definitely looking greener than last week.  Primroses and violets are still flowering well and cherry blossom is now well out.  I found a goat willow in full flower in the woodland burial ground that I have missed perviously.  There were plenty of butterflies on the wing: tortoiseshells, peacocks and a single comma.  I noticed that the crows are now sitting on eggs; the birds head can just be seen over the rim of the nest.  I was pleased to see a song thrush and to both see and hear a chiff chaff.

To view large, please click on an image.







No comments:

Post a Comment