Tuesday 23 June 2020

A Super Morning on my Local Patch with a New Piece of Kit.

An Excellent Morning with Butterflies on the Patch

It being my birthday today, I was very keen to open a 'mystery' parcel that had been delivered a few days previously.  It was an exciting new piece of kit; not a camera, or a lens but a cotton carrier.  A cotton carrier is a harness for carrying a camera on the chest a little like a front-loading baby carrier.  All the weight is taken on the shoulders and the camera is held securely.  I was keen to try it out so a walk around the Horsefield and Woodland Burial Ground seemed the obvious choice.  I have to say I am delighted with it; what a fantastic piece of kit.

I was also keen to see if an small skippers had emerged yet.  I see and photograph them there most years but sadly they had still not appeared on the patch.  This didn't detract from a super walk, however.  There is always a good deal to see and photograph.  Ringlets are now more plentiful and I saw a few six spot burnet moths as well as a pair of meadow browns mating.

As I was leaving the cemetery I checked the helleboring area for more orchids.  Last year I found a bee orchid and a pyramidal orchid.  No bee orchid, but I did find four pryramidal.

To view large, please click on an image.
Meadow Browns mating
Ringlet
Ringlet
Six spot Burnet Moth
Speckled Wood
Pyramidal Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment