Tuesday 16 June 2020

More Horsefield Butterflies.

More Fabulous Horsefield Butterflies.

The same format on the weather front again today: dull morning and sunny for a couple of hours in the afternoon.  In fact on my return from the Horsefield the usual sea fret came in with the tide and it turned amazingly chilly.  I returned specifically tp try for the painted lady.  Although I did see one, possibly two, unfortunately I didn't capture and images.  It was again magnificent for insects, though, the following being seen:-
  • Small Tortoiseshell - too numerous to count.
  • Meadow Brown 23
  • Red Admiral 3
  • Large Skipper  8
  • Middle-Barred Minor moth 3
  • Silver Y moth 5
  • Yellow Shell Moth 1
  • Small Heath 4
  • Common Blue 3
  • Painted Lady 1(possible 2)

  • Female broad bodied chaser 1
I was delighted to find the broad bodied; a first for me on my edgeland patch.  There were still some singing birds around: yellowhammer, willow warbler and blackbird

To see large, please click on an image.

Female Broad Bodied Chaser
Large Skipper
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Red Admiral
Silver Y moth
Small Heath
Small Heath
Small Heath
Small Heath
Yellow Shell Moth

No comments:

Post a Comment