Wednesday 17 March 2021

Dog Walking Along the Fresheney

 Jet duly picked up, we parked the car by Littlecoates Church and headed off down the Freshney with hopes of kingfisher and chiffchaff.  I was to be disappointed with the lack of kingfisher but a chiffchaff turned up trumps, although it was not in the mood for singing.  I am sure as well that, out beyond, the fishing pond I heard a snatch of cetti's warbler singing.  I do know that there are several singing males along here.  There was plenty of bird life; water is always a draw for wildlife.  Several little egrets were seen and a buzzard, perched majestically high in a tree and later soaring over the golf course.  Perhaps the highlight of the day, though was the excellent views we had of a water vole just before getting back to the car.  This is a walk I must do again.











Crow
Crow
House Sparrow
Little Egret
Water Vole
Water Vole


1 comment: