Friday 15 January 2021

The Land is Now Sodden and Flooded.

 A very gloomy morning today but I went for a walk around the cemetery returning via the Horsefield.  Everywhere is now totally sodden and the cemetery and parts of the Horsefield are now flooded.

Just as I came out of the Woodland Burial Ground I disturbed a sparrowhawk.  I have now seen this bird on the last 3 visits which is encouraging.  Maybe a photo will be possible eventually if I can see it before it sees me - difficult I know.

A heron on the fields round the Horsefield is not something that I expect to see but this morning there was one standing disconsolate and hunched on the edge of the flooded field.  As I walked over Peaks Tunnel I was pleased to come across a flock of Long-Tailed Tits.

To view large, please click on a thumbnail. (Images not from today)

Sparrowhawk
Long-Tailed Tit
Long-Tailed Tit
                                                              Sparrowhawk
Heron
Heron
Heron

No comments:

Post a Comment