Friday 2 August 2013

A trip to Amsterdam, Humber Sunset.

Not strictly wildlife this, well perhaps not wildlife at all unless the cyclists in Amsterdam are taken into account.  Apologies to any Dutch readers of this, but cyclist I might be myself, I christened them 'whispering death'.  They were silent and seemed to come at speed from every direction and, of course being English, I tended to look the wrong way.  I some some very near misses.  We had opted for a P&O mini cruise to Amsterdam with Heather's cousin Yvonne and had booked a couple of nights in a hotel to extend our stay.  Perhaps the wildlife aspect or at least natural aspect was the fantastic sunset and storm clouds seen from the Pride of Rotterdam as we steamed along the Humber.

Storm over the Humber Bridge

Storm

Immingham Docks.


Immingham Docks

Immingham Docks.

A blazing finale.

A blazing finale.

Last of the sun; time for a beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment