Friday 27 December 2013

Trying Out The New Compact

As my old Canon G10 compact has sadly acquired a bad scratch on the front element of the lens, Father Christmas very kindly treated me to a Panosonic Lumix LX7 for Christmas.  A good friend and superb landscape photographer Pete Hyde has used an LX5 for years and has been delighted with it and my brother, no mean photographer himself, is delighted with his LX7.  Crucially it captures in RAW.  For me this is important as it leaves the processing to me rather than the camera and gives much more leeway for adjusting images.  Despite being an incredibly wild and windy day I opted to take Jet for a walk to Irby Dale in order to play with the new toy.  As I walked from Irby Church over the fields, I was amazed to see blackthorn already in blossom.  The weather has certainly been very mild and I notice that daffodils are already poking an inch above the ground in our garden.

To view large, click on an image.








No comments:

Post a Comment