Saturday 18 January 2014

Dog Walking and Kingfisher Hunting.

It was damp and drizzly today and no good for photography but it was good to be out anyway.  I had volunteered to take Jet, the dog, for a walk so headed for Cleethorpes Country Park to see if I could see the kingfisher that had been showing well.  When I arrived there were other photographers there for the goosander and black-throated diver and they had seen the kingfisher but had only captured distant shots of it.  On a walk round the lake I saw both the diver and the goosander but no sign of the kingfisher.  Other birds present included mallard, coot, moorhen, pochard, tufted duck, black headed gulls, woodpigeon, magpie and sparrowhawk.  While out and about in recent days I had seen hazel catkins fully out and snowdrops just coming into flower.  The aconites in our garden are also beginning to poke through.
Pochard

No comments:

Post a Comment