Saturday 14 June 2014

Horshoe Point and Tetney Dunes.

It had been a big tide when I parked up on the edge of the salt marsh at Horseshoe Point and there was a damp sea smell.  It was overcast and slightly drizzly to begin but soon cleared and turned warm and fine, but fortunately overcast; the conditions I needed for my photography.  I was out to take some more images for my degree assignment, after talking to my tutor.  He suggested some ultra close wide angle shots of the jestsam to emphasis the object, yet, at the same time, showing the distant landscape.  The sea pink or thrift is now beginning to go over and sea lavender come into flower.  Soon the marsh will be a haze of purple.  The avocets were again displaying loudly and aggresively chasing off anything that came near their pool.  Skylarks were singing lustily, climbing as if suspended on invisible thread.  Oystercatchers, redshanks and meadow pipits were in evidence and reed buntings seemed to be singing from every perch.

To view large, please click on an image.




















No comments:

Post a Comment