Monday 5 August 2019

Lake District, August 2019. Day 6

A much cooler and fresher morning today.  We planned a short walk from Stickle Barn in Langdale for some photography and drawing.  Part of me is frustrated about not being able to walk on the tops but this short walk made me realise that I am not as well and fit as I tend to think I am.  I found it really hard walk.  As my aortic valve has been replace and the AF sorted it must be a combination of the ventricular dysfunction, the medication I am on and plain lack of fitness.  Nonetheless it has been a good day with mixed sun and cloud and great views.  We set out from the National Trust car park at Stickle Barn.  The footpath led us across the fields and through a farmyard where the ho house is now a holiday let.  Next came a short section of well-maintained uphill after which we negotiated a wall gate and chose a pleasant spot by a clapper bridge for lunch.  The hill path followed the undulations of the Cumbria Way gradually returning to the valley bottom at Oak Howe.  Crossing Great Langdale Beck we returned to Stickle Barn along the old valley road.  This gives excellent views of the Langdale Pikes although the lane has been surface so no longer any reflections in puddles.  After a welcome restorative in Stickle Barn it was time to return to the site to prepare for the evening bbq and Thomas's arrival.






























No comments:

Post a Comment