Saturday 26 September 2020

Walking with Heart Failure

 I felt like a walk today and the Horsefield seemed like a good idea.  It was wet and very overcast and perhaps suited my mood as I am feeling very tired and breathless at the moment and my left ventricular dysfunction (heart failure) is getting me down somewhat.  Despite knowing that I had this I naively thought thet when I had my aortic valve replacement all would be well.  I was reminded after the operation that I still had the left ventricular dysfunction but naively I felt that I could train my heart back into fitness - after all isn't it a muscle like any other?  Sadly that plan hasn't worked and 18 month on my heart has not changed despite all the medication that I am on.  Still, at least it hasn't become worse and I am going to have to learn to live with it.  I can still walk 4 or 5 miles on the flat reasonably comfortably; hills are more of a problem!  Watch this space; my natural optimism will return.

To view large, please click on an image







No comments:

Post a Comment