Wednesday 29 September 2021

The Horsefield via The Cemetery.

 It has been a while since I walked round the Horsefield so I was keen to see how things have changed as we move into Autumn.  I approached through the cemetery and crematorium as my usual, more direct way, way through the lock up garages is now not possible.  The gates have been locked to prevent the school pick-up brigade parking in there.  As with so many things the few spoil it for the many.  It was a bright sunny morning but cooler at 13C with signs of Autumn everywhere.  The field next to the YMCA is now freshly ploughed and that bordering the Dead Wood is newly planted with oil seed rape.  Bindweed is still in flower and I found a bee nectaring on hawkweed and stoking up for the winter.  It was good to watch a charm of goldfinches feeding on thistle seed heads, sounding, as they usually do, argumentative and grumpy.

To view large, please click on an image.













No comments:

Post a Comment