Thursday 18 January 2024

Feeding Station Photography

 Temperatures fell to -4 last night and when I set out to the wood at 10.00am it was still only 0C. The roads were frosted as I drove out into the Wolds. The wood was quiet when I arrived at the feeding station and all was frozen. Most of the feeders were empty apart from some seed in one feeder; not a favourite, sunflower hearts are always the first to go. There was very little activity until I put out some sunflower hearts and peanuts near the perches where I wanted the birds to be for photography. As soon as I sat in the hide birds started to come down. The all seemed to be very fast or perhaps I was out of practice since last feeding station season. Although really bright the light was very difficult to handle and very contrasty. All the usual suspects were there and I was very pleased to see a treecreeper. Chaffinches were unusually confident. As I was leaving a buzzard perched in an oak just outside the wood gave fabulous close views but unfortunately it flew off as soon as the car stopped.

Blue tit
Chaffinch
Chaffinch
Chaffinch
Chaffinch
Chaffinch
Grat Tit
Great Tit
Grey Squirrel
Nuthatch

No comments:

Post a Comment