Wednesday 4 September 2024

A New Piece of Kit

 As I had taken delivery of a smartphone adapter for my birding'scope, I was keen to get out and play with it. I was twarted somewhat by the very dull weather with some drizzle so I went to Killingholme Have pits where there is a hide. I was very pleased with the result using the scope despite the poor conditions giving poor colour. I think that, given some decent sun the results could be quite good. Although the variety of birds was small the total numbers were good. The highlight, though, was the roe deer that appeared right infront of the hide. As last time, however, I didn't have a camera so I didn't get any photos. It was too close for the scope and as soon as I moved to get my phone it rapidly melted away.

Curlew

No comments:

Post a Comment