Saturday 26 January 2019

RSPB Garden Birdwatch

I had received the summons to Castle Hill for heart surgery las t Friday and had been to avoid catching cold or flu.  Consequently I was hibernating in the house and the Birdwatch was a welcome distraction.  Normally we get few birds in our garden and this proved to be the case today, although I was excited at my first bird, a female sparrowhawk, which swooped in, settled for a brief moment and then flew off again.  My list is included below.

Sparrowhawk, female  1
Blackbird                      2
Chaffinch                     2
Wood pigeon               3
Long Tailed Tit             2
Collared Dove              2
Starling                        5
Blue Tit                       1
Goldfinch                    3
Greenfinch                 1

No comments:

Post a Comment