Tuesday 12 February 2019

Heart Surgery and Home

Normal service has been interrupted somewhat.  My last walk from Barnoldby to Brigsley was punctuated on the return by a phone call from Castle Hill requesting that I attend on Tuesday 29th form my planned open heart surgery to replace a severely stenosed aoortic valve.  This procedure, I have to say, has gone remarkably well and I have nothing but praise for the surgical team, ICU and Ward 27.  The care and attention I received was second to none.  Looking back now I can't believe that it is only two weeks since my surgery and I am already out and about following the physiotherapists' instructions regarding daily walks.  My regular walk is round the cemetery, only 5 mins walk from us and I am already up to just over a mile.  

While in hospital I was fortunate to have a bed by the window and was able to look out across the roads to the comings and goings of the local rookery as the birds began to busy themselves with their nests.  On the way home we drove through the small village on Melton Ross where the display of aconites is always a spectacle.  On my walks around the cemetery I have been enjoying the snowdrops and yesterday spotted some orange crocuses already in full bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment