Sunday 17 May 2020

Wandering Across the Horsefield and Around the Deadwood

Wandering Across the Horsefield and Around the Deadwood

I was slightly surprised and caught out by the weather today.  I had donned my thick grey wool and fleece jacket only to find that I was too warm and I had to carry it.

Herb Bennet was now in flower and elder bushes are just coming out.  It will soon be time to collect some blossom and make elder flower cordial.  Hogweed is also growing up and coming into flower, soon to take over from cow parsley as the dominant umbellifer.  We enjoyed being in the Deadwood.  Birds were in full song, especially blackbirds and song thrushes and I was delighted to hear the bubbling sone of blackcap/garden warbler; I find their song difficult to differentiate.

To view large, please click on an image.



















No comments:

Post a Comment