Monday 29 November 2021

Setting Up The Winter Feeding Station

 There was quite a covering of snow on the Wolds, but in the wood it was still Autumn.  We had gone out to sort out the hide set up the winter feeding station.  As we approached the hide the stately beeches still had their colourful golden coats and looked magnificent in the morning sun.  I was pleased to find the hide still standing and stable after the gales fom Storm Arwen over the weekend.  All it needed was some adjustment and tidying up.  The one surprise was the mummified weasel that I found on my chair inside.  It may well have succumbed over last winter as I didn't get out because of covid.  It didn't take long to set up the feeders; fingers crossed that the anti-squirrel dome works.  The grey squirrels are the bane of my life.  I have tried everything, anti-squirrel feeders, wiring the feeders to tree branches, all metal feeders.  So far its squirrels lots:photographer,0!!!

To view large, please click on an image.






No comments:

Post a Comment