Sunday 23 June 2013

Scartho Sunset.

I enjoy photographing sunsets but you never quite know what you are going to get.  I have sometimes travelled a way for a sunset pic only to find that it goes down with a whimper.  On the other hand when I have decided not to bother and stayed in with a pint, the sky blazes with colour.  I regularly run (well what passes for running nowadays) round the fields behind our house and though that if the sky was the main focus of the image that would be a good spot and only 10 minutes walk away.  So, last night I went out with 'The Boy' Thomas to see what we could do.  Things looked promising with a fair amount of cloud about but cear skies around the horizon.  Sadly it didn't quite live up to expectations but I was reasonable pleased with my shots nonetheless.  I think 'The Boy' did better though!!  We shall try again and it doesn't mean a major expedition.  Perhaps the best sunsets are caught by accident like the last one below taken down Loch Alsh in Scotland.  We had been visiting friends who were staying in a cottage nearby and when we came out to drive back to the caravan we were presented with this.  Happily I had the camera with me.  The midges were a different matter!!!
Scartho Sunset.

God's Rays, Scartho.

Sunset, Gooseman's Field, Scartho.

Sunset, Loch Alsh, Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment