Thursday 13 January 2022

Purple Sandpiper and Fish and Chips

 I raced up the beach to get to the outflow pipe before the tide finally covered it and there it was.  The purple sandpiper was calmly feeding in the shade by one of the concrete blocks of the outflow pipe at Mablethorpe's North End.  I had know that the bird was there and as we had needed to go to Spilsby we decided to pop over to Mablethorpe for some of Salty's excellent fish and chips and to see if the sandpiper was there.  I was delighted as, not only did I make some excellent images it was a 'lifer' for me.  I have never know such a confiding bird, in fact it kept coming too close and I had to keep zooming the lens out.  The light was stunning so, for once, no complaints!!  There were lots of sanderling running around like clockwork toys as they fed in the edge of the tide.  These were more of a challenge as, although very confiding, they move so fast.  A very good day.

To view large, please click on an image.

Purple sandpiper
Purple sandpiper
Purple sandpiper
Purple sandpiper
Purple sandpiper
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling
Sanderling

No comments:

Post a Comment