Monday 21 March 2022

A Day at the Seaside with Black Swan.

 Keen to try and see the black swan that had been spending time on the boating lake/country park and to catch up with the country park grebes, I decided to treat myself to a Cleethorpes day taking some lunch with me.  I started off in Cleethorpes dunes with a diversion to the boating lake where I found the fabulous black swan, and then moving onto to the salt marsh, outer dunes and beach.  The weather warmed up as the day went on becoming 12C and, yet again cloudless.  Once back at the car I drove the short distance to the yacht club carpark overlooking Tetney marsh and the lagoons.  I sat on the edge of the dunes with my flask of Heinz tomato soup, the number 1 comfort food, while I scanned the beach and mud flats with the scope.  After lunch the lagoons proved fruitful with shoveler, teal, black-tailed godwit, dabchick and snipe being present.  I finished the day at the country park with some excellent views of the great crested grebes.  Although paired up, they weren't really displaying yet.  I was most surprised when the song of a cetti's warbler exploded from the willow bush I was standing next to and I even had reasonable views of it. although no photographs as the there were too many twigs and branches in the way for the camera to lock on.

To view large, please click on an image.

Buck Beck Beach Shelter
Crow
Magpie
Meadow Pipit
Meadow Pipit
Woodpigeon
Barnacle Goose
Black Swan
Black Swan
Black Swan
Black Swan
Black Swan
Black Swan

No comments:

Post a Comment