Sunday 19 June 2022

Lake District, June. Day 2

We woke today to a beautiful morning, much to our surprise; cooler but with mixed sun and cloud.  I have already begun the week's site bird list and already have my first 7 species.  We have had a lazy breakfast and now have the delicious pleasure of deciding what to do with our day.
Following our lazy start we eventually launched out to buy papers and petrol at Ings.  Not quite the £100 tankful but £90 and we only needed 3/4 of a tank!!!  From Ings we drove down to Bowness and, despite it being a Saturday, easily found parking.  I had wanted to go to Mountain Warehouse to buy beach shoes ready for Iona and eventually found them in Trespass.  I was tempted to buy a wetsuit but desisted.  I already have 2, a shortie and a very posh tri wetsuit, but they have shrunk and I can't get them passed my hips now!! 
Returning to the van, we had lunch and then went out for a potter in Ratherheath Wood that borders our site.  It was now time to fire up the BBQ and pour a pint.  An excellent way to finish the day.

To view large, please click on an image.











No comments:

Post a Comment