Monday 3 October 2022

Llanfendigaid, September, Day 2

What an excellent day today.  We awoke to a morning of superb weather, cloudless most of the day.  Everybody pottered doing their own thing in the morning and I wandered out and about catching up with the local birds.  Several pied wagtails were disporting themselves on the old rusty roofs of the dutch barn next door and I enjoyed photographing them.  Heather and I then walked up behind the old house to the headland and the 'extinct tree' where, back in the day, we used to take a team photo.  It was glorious up there sitting on the bench in the sun looking out over the glittering waters of Cardigan Bay across to the Llyn Peninsular.
After a social lunch it was time to get on the bikes and, along with The Ladies Pickwell and Rothwell, I pottered down to Twyn and along the sea front.  Leaving Helen and Heather to the joys of the sea and numb feet, I headed back and turned on to my old running route from 30 years ago, stopping above Broad Water for some birding.  I had forgotton how steep the 'big hill' was on this route and I was on my knees by the time I got to the top of it, necessitating another halt for photography.  The remainder of the circuit went more easily and I bowled down the hill to Llanfendigaid and The Cowshed just as Heather, Helen and John, who had ridden down to the estuary, returned.  
It was soon time for some rehydration and then Helen's excellent meat and potato pie before an early night.
An excellent day with the bird list up to 30.
To view large, please click on an image.



















No comments:

Post a Comment