Thursday 1 December 2022

A Misty Day on the Horsefield

 It was cold and misty as I entered the cemetery, midafternoon and I was going to be lucky to get round my walk in the daylight.  I walked half a circuit of the woodland burial ground and then squeezed through the gap in the fence to reach the Horsefield.  Although trees are rapidly losing their leaves now, those left still glowed gold, yellow and bronze, like stained glass windows.  There were quite a few birds in evidence today, surprising after a much quieter visit a few days ago.  Hazel and alder catkins are now well formed and ready for the first warm days next year.   A lap of the Horsefield took me back through the fence from where I completed my circuit of woodland burial ground and cemetery in the gathering darkness.  It was good to return home and settle down in front of the fire with a cup of tea and my book.

To view large, please click on an image

















No comments:

Post a Comment