Monday 27 February 2023

I Catch Up With The Cemetery Goldcrest and a New Patch Species

 Rather chilly and showery today with the wind from the north again keeping temperatures down.  Not finding the goldcrest in the usual spot I continued on towards the woodland burial ground, hearing both a jay and green woodpecker calling almost simultaneously.  On my way through the cemetery, heading home, I noticed a lot of activity in some trees away from the path.  These mostly turned out to be chaffinches and goldfinches but amonsgt them was the goldcrest.  I was trying to get some shots of it when I was distracted by a tree creeper, a patch first.  It lost this bird but did finally manage to get some record shots of the goldcrest.

To view large, please click on an image.

Blackbirds
Chaffinch
Common Gull
Common Gull
Goldcrest
Goldcrest
Herring Gull
Long-Tailed Tit
Long-Tailed Tit
Robin
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment