Monday 6 February 2023

The Goldcrest is still present in the cemetery.

 A cold but clear day today for my walk around the cemetery and Horsefield.  I was delighted to see that the goldcrest was still present in the same location in the cemetery as was the bullfinch trio in the woodland burial ground.  I was intrigued by this as bullfinches are thought to be monogamous; perhaps this trio are the remains of a winter flock.  I was pleased to see a group of long-tailed tits in the woodland burial ground and a buzzard soaring over the Horsefield.  I wait with anticipation for meadow pipits, skylarks and linnets returning to the Horsefield after spending the winter on our saltmarshes.

To view large, please click on an image.

Female bullfinch, woodland burial ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment