Tuesday 19 April 2016

A Beautiful Afternoon in the Wolds

As I was at Ravendale to take a school assembly and it was such a beautiful day, I decided to pop out to Scallows afterwards to see how spring was coming on out there.Daffodils and primroses are definitely past their prime now and beginning to go over, although they still look a picture on the verges.  I love this time of year as the fresh young leaves on the trees begin to unfurl.  It is a time of anticipation.  As I drove through Wold Newton I stopped to watch and photograph a pair of buzzards wheeling in the azure-blue sky above South Farm.  They were rather too high and far away for the 200 lens that I had with me, but they were beautiful to watch. Hopefully they will be nesting again nearby.  I couldn't resist a shot of the peeling paint on an old barn door while I was here.  At Scallows the wood was beginning to green up; before long the trees will be in full leaf and it will be dark and cool in the wood on hot summer days.  The sheep have lambed and the offspring are enjoying life in the meadows.

To view large, please click on an image.







No comments:

Post a Comment