Saturday 27 March 2021

Quiet on The Patch Today.

 It was a quiet day on the patch today.  I'm not sure if this was down to the fresh, chilly wind or being out late; perhaps a bit of both.  I made my way across the Horsefield and then around to the Dead Wood and on to Weelsby Woods returning via the woodland burial ground; a round trip of 5 miles.  I was pleased with the singing robin shot and it was also good to catch a dunnock off the ground and in song.  I was surprised by the buzzard that soared past right above my head as I though at first that it was a crow so unfortunately didn't have the camera settings right.  Ah well, c'est la vie.  In the cemetery the long-tailed tits were busy in the plantation near the nest.  I saw both birds so perhaps the female is still laying.

To view large, please click on an image.






No comments:

Post a Comment