Tuesday 19 April 2022

Patch Birds and Butterflies.

 As it was a while since I visited the patch, I decided on a full circuit including the cemetery and woodland burial ground, Weelsby Woods and the Dead Wood and returning via the Horsefield.I set off early afternoon after a dull morning and, although chilly with the wind still from the NE, it was an afternoon of mixed sun and cloud.  I had already spotted my first holly blue butterfly on Scartho Road while walking back from the village in the morning which augured well for butterflies.  This turned out to be the case with good numbers on the wing: speckled wood 4, small tortoiseshell 24, peacock 9, small white 1.  I was pleased to see and hear both male and female blackcap, my first for the year..

To view large, please click on an image.

Peacock
small tortoiseshell
Dunnock
Speckled Wood
Speckled Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment